Here are things to think about if your home is not selling.
1. The Photos aren’t exciting~ in fact they are drab and uninviting. 90% of home buyers start on line looking at homes. If your pictures aren’t maaking a statement they will pass your home over. Think quality.
This is a picture of a condo for sale in Chicago. You can see the details of the wood flooring and the awesome view.
2. There is no “Wow” factor. Today’s buyer is savvy and the homes that look closer to a model home sell quicker and for more money. Your Realtor can give you some ideas. At minimal clear the clutter and make your home spotless, spacious and attractive.Plants do wonders- real live plants and less is more. It is a PLUS if your entrance way is grand.
This is an example of an entry way that catches your eye. Use your imagination. This picture brings out the detail in the woodwork.
3. It’s overpriced for the neighborhood.
Pricing is crucial. (See my article on prcing your home right.) If your home is priced right, looks great and marketed correctly you will generate more traffic.
4. Hello~ No One Knows Your Home Is 4Sale !
Listing on the MLS and Realtor.com is not enough! Make sure your home is on Trulia, Zillow, Front Door, Yahoo, Relocation Sites, Craigs list, Agents Personal Website, Agent’s corporate website, Realty Trac, EDR and more.
EXPOSURE IS THE KEY !
5. Availablity. I know~ it is not easy but you must be able to show your home quickly. Your agent has ideas on how to show your home quickly and with pride.
Tamara Schuster, Broker
Prudential Elite Naperville, IL